Sunday, August 16, 2009

Someday my job will come....you mean...just like my Prince?

Well, I must say that I did find my Prince and he's genuinely supportive of my current employment or should I say funemployment situation.

Do you want to know when I found him? When I wasn't looking! When I had finally decided I could live with out a Prince. When I chose to be happy just being who I was. When I gave up trying to control the situation and "worry" my way to a mate.

Could the same be true for you and your career and financial situation? If so, what does that mean for you? I'm sure you've heard it before. But, somehow it just doesn't make sense. You mean...stop worrying...stop managing the situation...just let it be?!? If you're anything like me that thought might make you squirm a little. The concept seems so foreign to us, we are so used to having a plan and working that plan. I mean you can't achieve a goal if you don't have one and you certainly can't achieve it without every step-by-step detail of the plan in place - right?! That's what I was taught...that's what "they all say".

I'll tell you right now that if we could worry our way into a great career and strong financial situation I wouldn't be the only happily employed millionaire!!

And yet...just as many of us who have found our Princes or Princesses, there are many of us out there who are happy, (despite employment status) and financially stable or even rich. Would you agree? If so, write that down...it's absolute proof that you can have the same!

If you are unemployed (not yet funemployed) and looking for your next position or employed in an unbearable job and looking for your next opportunity, let me be so bold as to assume that the ideal job isn't arriving as quickly as you'd hoped. How long will you wait? How long will you worry? How much time will you spend being upset about or frustrated with the economy? How long will you either blame your lack of time or money for your situation? Or will you continue to hope to just finally win the lottery?

If you continue down this same path, how long do you think it will be until you achieve a different result? I know I'm not the only one who has heard the famous quote by Einstein defining insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I wanted a different result too and, spent many, many years doing the same thing and wondering why I wasn't more successful - so see...you're not alone, there are many of us out here who have tried it this way first.

What if by simply changing your thinking and doing things just a little differently you could have it all? Whatever it is that you desire - a new job, financial security, your prince or princess. Would you be willing to try? Would you be willing to take the risk? I mean you've been doing it this way...perhaps for years...isn't now a good time for you to try something different?

If so...how about letting go? How about trying funemployment my way? Not the way that they've outlined it in the media, not squandering your time on an extended vacation on someone else's dime, not just hanging out on Facebook or blogging aimlessly but really doing things differently. If you gain even one good idea, one decent job interview, one great business opportunity, or one great date wouldn't it be worth the change? I hope so. I did it, I started my journey, I took the first step, I did something a little different and I am so grateful that I did.

Come join me on my journey by starting your own. Would you like to be rich and happy? Would you like to be funemployed or fun-employed? Here's what I suggest as a starting place:
  • Spend some time doing what you really enjoy...a lost hobby, (I make jewelry myself) reading a great book (I could recommend so many to you right now - oh how they've helped my journey so far)
  • Do something nice for yourself - praise yourself, I'm sure you deserve it & it's FREE, won't even cost you a dime. Commit to giving yourself the gift of a daily compliment...how refreshing!
  • Enjoy the moment - do something that brings you back to the "present" - take a walk in the park, just sit out on your balcony or porch & enjoy the beautiful weather.
This is a great way to begin to "dip your toes" into the water of different. Start today to relax and enjoy so that you can begin the journey to embracing a different way of life. Agree to "let go" of something...whatever you can...can you stop worrying about your next job? I can guarantee you that worrying won't deliver it to your doorstep, it will actually keep it away from you. So, how about a little step away from insanity - let go of worrying about your next job for one hour...spend it instead on doing something nice for yourself. You can go back to worrying if you must...most especially if you want the same result that you have been getting.

C'mon...try it...I did and so have many others and to our delight - it works. Change your thinking and change your life!! Just because you're not worrying about it doesn't mean you don't want it or that you're giving up. It means you're willing to try to attain that goal a different way. At the very least you'll feel a little better about yourself & you could just end up rich and happy like so many others who have traveled down this path before you!

I wish you so much happiness and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment