Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is your job making you rich and happy? No - then come join the bliss of funemployment!

This entry is for those of you who are currently employed in jobs that are less than perfect (hmmm, that should be a pretty broad audience). Who either don't see a light at the end of the tunnel or worse, you finally see the light but, turns out its a train!!

Let me assure you that when you change your thinking...you can change your entire life! What if the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train? What if instead it was:

I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Mine was the unemployment train. Many of you have been there or you have friends and family members who have been hit by this train. It can be devastating - I know that first hand - but, it doesn't have to be. It can be the greatest journey of your life!

I say jump on the train OR buy your ticket for an upcoming ride.
  • Turn that unemployment into funemployment OR
  • Be grateful for your current employment AND take a funemployment vacation,
I can promise you that with the right mindset, this is an adventure not to be missed.

Still not sure? Don't know if you are ready to enjoy your situation? I mean what is this funemployment stuff anyway? One definition from Urban Dictionary is: funemployment - the condition of a person who takes advantage of being out of a job to have the time of their life.

Not only is this the time of my life but it is my time in life. It's the time that I am using to re-create myself. Now that's fun! Ever want to be, have or do something else? Something better? More? What's holding you back? Is it time? Is it fear? Is it money?

You can have it all. I challenge you to try funemployment.

No, I'm not saying you should take a leap of faith and leave a good job if you have one. How about that vacation though? Not to DisneyWorld but, to explore what funemployment might be like. How it could benefit you to spend some time on you...have some fun...explore what you would like to be, do or have. Who knows, you may just enjoy it so much that you will join those of us who are considering permanent funemployment!

Yes, I am suggesting that if you're already unemployed that you look at your situation in a different light...have some fun with it. Use this time to enjoy, to do for yourself, to try new things. You can't force a job to open in your field or worry your way into employment. But, you can increase your chances of landing the dream job by improving your energy level, sending out positive thoughts and showing strong belief in yourself. All things that you can gain during your funemployment. You may even reinvent yourself or start your own business! You have the time to dedicate...how will you spend it?

My sincere encouragement and support to all of you. Regardless of your current situation...the true spirit of funemployment is joy and taking time for yourself. I know that great things will come out of your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment